Thursday, April 28, 2011

Off the wagon

Hi Guys: So the last week I ate whatever I wanted (usually cookies and donuts) and didn't exercise near enough. I know it started with the stress of the move and having Rockwell come and help. And then when he did what he always does which is visit, have a great time and not make a move on me -- I really lost it. The beginning of this week was not good. I actually weighed myself at his house (114 -- I'd like to be 110) on Sunday but then came back to RI, skipped spinning on Monday and ate and ate. He says it's not me, it's him but it feels like me so then I eat and mope around.

By Wed I was back on the wagon -- went to spinning yesterday and am eating better now. Back to trying to stay in the 1600 calorie range per day. I didn't get to run today which I REALLY wanted to do but I forgot a jacket and it's cold and rainy out there. I am off to my old apt to finish cleaning and do a walk thru with my old landlord -- if it's still light out, maybe I'll try to run after. If not, I will burn some calories mopping all the floors, that's for sure. But I'm signed up for a 5k on Sat and I haven't run in 2 weeks. UGH. The good news is that my eating craze wasn't all emotional -- I got my period last night -- it was like an AHA moment --that's why all I've wanted is chocolate. Phew! I'm not totally bonkers -- it came a bit early as this is a 5 week month that's why I wasn't thinking about it. But it's a reminder that being chicks, sometimes there are a whole host of reasons for why we crave things.

2 comments:

  1. I've been pretty good about going to the gym everyday. I'm finally over my cold, it only took about two weeks. I'm consistently losing about 2lbs a week, so I'm being careful as to not hit a plateau. My new revelation is that now that I have endurance, I kind of like working out! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suz....that sucks. The not getting any part I mean. LAME! I have no words for him. I kind of want to punch him in the face...or somewhere else. Being a woman is not very fun sometimes. But at least you are back on the wagon!
    Emily - yay on two pounds a week! The first week was 1/2 pound for me, but each week after that has been one pound! It doesn't sound like a lot - but it is to me! And I can already tell. and I know what you mean - I like going to the gym now, too! Weird!

    I made some flaxseed muffins and I'm loving them with natural Almond butter - but I ate two in one night and I barely made it to the Starbucks bathroom the next morning!!! I learned my lesson!!
    Keep it up ladies!

    ReplyDelete